You are type-A, creative, and have an unlimited amount of patience. You use your strong writing and creative presentation-building skills to clearly articulate ideas across large and diverse groups. You’re known for being a self-starter who works well with ambiguity. Serving an integral part in setting someone else up for success is deeply fulfilling to you and you don’t mind working behind the scenes and out of the spotlight. Flexibly and fluidly shifting between high level strategic projects and tactical action items comes naturally to you. Because of your high emotional intelligence, you build trust and respect based on your ability to know when to push back, and when to move ahead and execute. You have no ego about your work, are driven to do an excellent job, and also don’t mind re-doing things as many times as it takes to get it just right. Relationship-building comes naturally to you, and you’re comfortable setting boundaries in high-confidentiality situations. You can interface with high level executives comfortably and confidently. Your resilient spirit keeps you going through an ever-changing priorities list. You have a “can-do” attitude, positive outlook, and a strong sense of pride in the quality of your work.
As an employee of Parisleaf, you’ll serve in a full-time consulting capacity to support the Vice President for Advancement at the University of Florida. You’ll act independently and make autonomous decisions under the context of broadly defined goals with oversight from the Vice President for Advancement.
You’ll be the central point of contact for campaign communications, facilitator of strategic initiatives, and executive project manager for the Vice President for Advancement. You’ll work with the Vice President to develop and execute creative strategies that support campaign goals. You’ll be responsible for crafting inspiring narratives executing strategic communications through multiple mediums and vehicles.
Typical tasks include:
- Strategic Campaign Communications and Initiatives
- Crafting inspiring narratives through multiple mediums, including concept papers, proposals, case statements, brochures, presentations, event multimedia, and stewardship documents under tight deadlines.
- Use video, imagery, and the UF brand to create impactful PowerPoint presentations that support VP initiatives.
- Regularly organize, lead, manage and report on the progress of all assigned projects.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to execute initiatives.
- Executive Administration and Project Management
- Manage the execution of VP strategic projects, making sure the tasks and projects are completed at the highest quality and that deadlines and processes are met.
- Leadership, Vision, and Strategy
- Provide strategic support to Advancement’s communications and campaign initiatives.
- Help conceptualize and implement strategic plans for priority initiatives.
This is a full time salaried position commensurate with experience.
- Paid time off & paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Charitable Matching Program
- Discounted Yoga Membership at Flow Space Yoga Studio
Background and Requirements
- Degree in Communications, Business, or other appropriate area of specialization
- Past experience as an executive assistant, project assistant, or project management-relevant experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Powerpoint skills
- Knowledge of basic design principles is a plus
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Proven ability to juggle assignments while maintaining a high standard of work, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Working knowledge of a donor database and contact management and tracking system are pluses
- The ability and willingness to travel when needed
Please note, this is not a remote opportunity. Employees are required to work on-site at the University of Florida, and occasionally the Parisleaf studio, in Gainesville, FL.
This position requires normal working hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, with infrequent evenings and weekends to attend scheduled events or meetings. Off campus travel may be required.
How to Apply
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (1-2 writing and/or presentation examples)
Due to a high volume of inquiries, we will only reach out to candidates who check all the boxes described above.
No phone calls, please.